Judging by their web site, The Match Group seems a fairly run-of-the-mill custom matches concern. Need your logo on a matchbook? They’ve got you covered. You want match boxes instead, you say? Relax, Mr. Connoisseur, it’s all good. Here’s a great excerpt from their About page:
With over 25 years in the industry, company founder, Joe Danon began his career as the North East Regional Sales Manager at the prestigious Universal Match Corporation. He then went on to become the National Sales Manager at Maryland Match Corp. for 13 years. His passion and devotion to the historic importance, whimsy and efficacy of match advertising is unrivaled. His devoted and loyal clientele have long benefited from his “Love of Light,” graphic design expertise and unparalleled product knowledge …
Another killer set … with The Movements …
1. The Ganjas - New Groove - http://youtu.be/XX3XiKFn5PE
2.Tomorrows Tulips - “Baby” & “Glued To You” - http://youtu.be/ANlwsJnvmaQ
3. Velvet Waves - Hummingbird - http://youtu.be/WNzsfQcqKDQ
4, The Black Delta Movement - macbeth - https://soundcloud.com/bdmofficial/macbeth
5. Dead Gurus - Starflower (video by Psychoactivision) - http://youtu.be/zFbQU_khI8I
6. Lumpen & The Happy Pills - Lovers Cats - https://soundcloud.com/lumpenbanda/lumpen-the-happy-pills-lovers-cats
7. Frankie Teardrop Dead - What its all about (demo) (video by Vukosava Radenovic aka 69hanky) - http://youtu.be/Od4Z8EvEcmc /https://soundcloud.com/frankieteardropdead/what-its-all-about-demo
8. The Red Belmont - Colorless Minds -http://theredbelmont.bandcamp.com/track/colorless-minds
9. 3AM - Run Trough The Jungle - http://youtu.be/x3—eYZZsG8
10. The Balcony Stars - The Last Word On Your Lips - http://thebalconystars.bandcamp.com/track/the-last-word-on-your-lips
11. Clustersun - Hipgnosis - http://clustersun.bandcamp.com/track/hipgnosis
12. Big Sister - Let’s Go Fly A Kite - https://soundcloud.com/bigsisterband/lets-go-fly-a-kite-1
13. Mt. Mountain - She Runs (Official Video) - http://youtu.be/0Hy6-uhCFR4
14.Dream Rimmy - Sunshine - https://soundcloud.com/dream-rimmy/sunshine
15. The Entrance Band - No Needs - http://youtu.be/k-hS0D3yfT0
16. The Movements -The Death Of John Hall D.Y.- https://soundcloud.com/sunriseoceanbender/the-death-of-john-hall-d-y
17. Glitterball - I am the Ocean - http://youtu.be/w1zcTHDRJMc
18. Aura Blaze - A Glass Of Tears Half Empty - https://soundcloud.com/#aurablaze/a-glass-of-tears-half-empty
19. Dead Horse One - EP #1 Season Of Mist (Work in progress august 2014) - http://youtu.be/hbnPSwX8SjA
20. Golden Death Music - 69 Girls - https://soundcloud.com/golden-death-music/69-girls
21. The High Learys - Peace Of Mind - http://youtu.be/AhQHJNGq95c
22. Dead Man’s Eyes - Voyage - http://youtu.be/VLGzTgEu82E / http://deadmanseyes.bandcamp.com/track/voyage
Dead Man’s Eyes - Ember - http://youtu.be/7PsHKD4Yl-k
23. Rey Mono - ID - https://soundcloud.com/#reymono/id-1
24. The Beatroots - Hell will take care of her - http://youtu.be/sxao1HydnKk
25. The Janitors - Here They Come - http://badafrorecords.bandcamp.com/track/here-they-come
26. Electric Eye - Electric Eye - http://electriceye.bandcamp.com/track/electric-eye
27. Ride A White Wave - Yellow King - https://soundcloud.com/rawwmusic/yellow-king
28. Overcamps - Sky Cloud - https://soundcloud.com/overcamps/1-sky-cloud
29. The Koolaid Electric Company - Untitled #1 - http://youtu.be/KLo19vU09K8
30. Brother Earth - City of Gold - https://soundcloud.com/hidden_shoal/brother-earth-city-of-gold
31. Maybird - Maybird/Beautiful World -
32. Nervous Twitch - tarrantino hangover - http://youtu.be/xK655OK8kQ8
Nervous Twitch - Somebody Else - http://youtu.be/mqFPJwL_oE8
33. Mattia Schroeder - Swamp [v0] - https://soundcloud.com/#mattiaschroeder/swamp-v0
34. Chain & The Gang - Crime Don’t Pay - http://chainandthegang.bandcamp.com/track/crime-dont-pay
35. Alcest (feat. Neil Halstead / Slowdive) - Away - http://youtu.be/2Ax8kmLMb5Y
36. Mountebank - Imagineerie - http://mountebank.bandcamp.com/track/imagineerie-2
37. The Dalaï Lama Rama Fa Fa Fa - Hopeless - http://youtu.be/LQutf-qX1uw
38. Three Days Dark - It’s Easy to Say - https://soundcloud.com/threedaysdark/its-easy-to-say
Three Days Dark - The Waves Awake - https://soundcloud.com/threedaysdark/the-waves-awake
39. Dharma Rising - Little Boy - https://soundcloud.com/dharma-rising/little-boy
40. Still Charon - Stuff That I Like - https://stillcharon.bandcamp.com/track/stuff-that-i-like
41. The Spirit Experience - Ethereal Glorious Move - http://spiritexperience.bandcamp.com/track/3-ethereal-glorious-move
42. Prana Crafter - Mudra of the Mountain Throned (instrumental) -https://soundcloud.com/william-sol/mudra-of-the-mountain-throned
43. Dreamtime - Serpents Tongue - https://dreamtime.bandcamp.com/track/serpents-tongue
44. Mladi gorani - Slow burn - http://youtu.be/YHK_6WcA62w
45. Latarnie Montpellier - Śmiech przed śmiercią -http://vimeo.com/102315264
46. Miss Garrison - Whisky Boy - https://soundcloud.com/miss-garrison/whisky-boy
Miss Garrison - Land of Aloha - https://soundcloud.com/endemikarecords/miss-garrison-land-of-aloha-endmk-26
“All The Suns Of The Earth” is the latest long player solo offering from Daniel Westerlund, in his current guise as E Gone. Released and available through Sunrise Ocean Bender Records worldwide, and via their link-up with Cardinal Fuzz in the UK.
Westerlund, formerly incarnated as The Goner for his 2010 release, “Behold A New Traveler” followed by his 2013 collaboration, “Tandem Bridges” with fellow Swedish instrumentalist Anita Livstrand, journeys on, unabated.
Imagine a stranger gains access to your record collection, and proceeds to re-imagine it, in tantalizingly familiar yet elusive hues. Daniel Westerlund is no stranger, like you or I, he is a music fan – albeit an exceptionally talented one.
Opening track, “Hexx” immediately casts it’s spell with a veritable smorgasbord of musical delights. Delights which will be revisited individually and collectively in the remaining eight tracks, which leave virtually no stone unturned in terms of genre or instrumentation.
The Americana-tinged folk balladry on “The Poor Of Heart” and “Traveler, You Will Sing”, to my ears at least, would not feel out of place on the best of offerings from Neil Young.
Traversing the ley-lines from Nepal to Alabama, alighting to absorb at all stops along the way, the sheer dexterity and eclecticism is simply stunning.
Complimenting the aural media, the packaging of this limited edition of 300 white vinyl in an embossed gate-fold sleeve with screen printed insert, is in itself a work of art to behold.
"First up I wish I could get hold of a vinyl copy of this record…unfortunately all I have is a MP3 download which does not really give the depth and analogue fell which this music requires. They are both really fine albums and need to be considered together.
Starting off with “The Death of John Hall D.Y.” one clearly hears the tune from David Crosby’s “8 Miles High” masterpiece for The Byrds which takes us back into the sunny 1960’s. They continue with a dash of Marvin Gay “I Heard it on the Grapevine” mixed in with some Credence Clearwater revival..on “Boogin” which has a lovely long guitar jam which is up among the best. The Movement then go off blowing a “Shady Wind” into our ears which surges into “Two Tongues” which is a dead ringer for an early Stranglers record. “Great Deceiver” sends us into the great Organ territory of Ray Manzarek and the Doors mixing with Arthur Lee and Love at their best!
Side two starts with “All The Lost”, “David’s Song”, “Like Elephant’s 1”, “Ingenting Kommer Ur Ingenting”; One really needs to listen to these tracks as a whole. It reminds me of the Pink Floyd surging into early Hawkwind and back again in a most delightful way. It shows how The Movements musicianship is up there with the very best. The penultimate track ends with a short nod at Neil Young’s feedback frenzy of “Weld”.
Like Elephants 1 ends with “It Takes A Spark” which takes us back to the beginning song with the Dylan-Byrds sound and leaves me contented with the lines “The first thing you said to me was the last thing on my mind!”.
Like Elephants 2
The second set shows The Movements “have Class” as Jason told me – and indeed this second album put a smile on to this old Hippies’ face. Do you remember the first track on side two of Gerry Garcia’s first solo album? The opening track “Six Feet Under” reminds one of it but on Like Elephants 2 the Movements find their own sound mixing all of the influences from the past.
Here we have a 60’s sound with a Gothic twist which needs to be listened to at one sitting. Stand out tracks include “Ice cold” with its simple lyrical rhythm,”Give it To Me” with its deep bass and church organ belting out a repetitive rhythm-with lovely little twists of bagpipe sounds layered over. “Redemption” introduces a wonderful steel guitar.
To sum up Like Elephants 1&2 is a worthy contender for album of the year. The Movements hit all the right notes and are well worth a listen.”
Manly P. Hall. Collection of Alchemical Manuscripts. Box 17. 1600.
Post-war concrete architecture was decried by many as ugly – but now Brutalist buildings are back in fashion, writes Jonathan Glancey.